Happy New Year!
A new year has come bringing a chance to reflect and be thankful for all that’s happened in the past year. 2013 was an amazing year for In Search of Sanuk none of the work we’ve done could have been accomplished without your support. In 2013 that included:
- 14 children moved out of a slum and attending school for the first time
- Creating confidence in the kitchen with our teens and pre-teens
- Securing support for our volunteer pre-school in 2014
- Providing clothing and supplies for kids in Cao Bang, Vietnam including a truckload of instant noodles and blankets to help keep warm
- A full year of rent support for a home helping to rehabilitate women.
That’s just the shortlist and there’s plenty more to come in 2014. There’s also a mile high pile of lessons learned last year to reflect on too. I hope to learn from some of the past year’s mistakes and focus on raising funds for and executing a few projects really well in 2014.
Please enjoy photos from our year end Christmas party. Thanks to all the volunteers who gave to help us provide toys and activities for all the kids. If you like the photos, there’s an album on our facebook page where you can see the rest of the festivities.